Sunday, 19 February 2012

International Women's Day Poster

Finally, after about a month or so (to be honest I lost track of time) the poster for International Women's Day is finished! The above picture is the final digital copy of the poster that's all ready for print. In the end I'm pretty happy with the outcome, and am just so relieved that it's all done and ready to go.

After much contemplation I chose to put Adele on my poster mainly for her honest and raw talent. To be honest I still regret not using my mom as inspiration, and although I know how much she inspires me, I wanted to choose someone who others could easily recognize and relate to. Adele is such an amazing musician even though she's so young. The main thing I love is how she let's her talent speak for itself. There's no need for gimmicks or anything, all you need to appreciate her work is to listen to it.

While I was doing a little more research I came across this quote from Adele, "I don't want to be on the cover of Playboy or Vogue. I want to be on the cover of Rolling Stone or Q. I'm not a trend-setter... I'm a singer... My aim in life is to never be skinny." It really resonated with me, I find that should be the goal of artists today. Everyone is so caught up in the theatrics of it all that no one really just focuses on the art itself. I believe Adele is a perfect inspiration for people to work hard and succeed while keeping their integrity.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! And i love that quote of hers you added as well... funny though because she is 100% on the cover of Vogue this month and looking phenomenal ;)
    Amazing result!!!

    katie
    kfitzdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I know right? I had no idea she was going to be on the cover of vogue. Thanks Katie! Can't wait to see yours! :)

      Delete