Monday, 24 September 2012

The People's Champion

So I'm in between projects right now and I had a little time to finally draw something for pure enjoyment. And what better way to spend my free time then drawing "the jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising, the best in the present, future and past, and if ya’ll don’t like him you can kiss the people’s ass..." THE ROCK!!!! (Sorry for the language, but come on!)

When we were little we loved wrestling, and one of our favourites were the Rock. So I came home one day and saw that my brother bought the Rock VS Cinna Blu Ray, and we spent the rest of our time watching his MIGHTY COMEBACK TO THE WWE. Honestly, I was pumped, Lianna and I were dropping quotes like it was nobody's business. But that's what happens when you watch THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN ALLL OF ENTERTAINMENT. I had to channel all this energy somehow, so I decided to take it to the tablet!

After drawing it by hand in my sketchbook, I scanned the image and proceeded to render it in Photoshop with my Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet. It was so much fun and it was one of the first times I did something on the computer without having trouble. It was just me, the computer, and the Rock baby. And hey I may not be on Team Bring It as far as the gym is concerned (wheelchair and all), but maybe this can make me an honourary member or something? I'll let The People's Champion annd THE MILLIIIOOOONSSSS decide that!!

Final size is 17"x11" at 300dpi. A quick digital painting for fun that probably took around 3 or so hours. Later on (when my laptop decides to behave) I will post a video on youTube on the process. Basically I keep a reference picture on the side while I work to make sure everything's looking okay. But you'll see that in the video later, so keep checking!

Until then,

2 comments: