Monday, 19 May 2014

The Importance of Down Time

They say when you love what you do, it doesn't feel like a job. In the short time I've been a Graphic Designer (still in the lovely honeymoon stage), it has been a blast. Sure things get hectic once in a while, but I really couldn't envision doing anything else. That love for your job can sometimes take over your life without realizing it. It's really easy to consume the days with work when your the one moving around the schedule. I think it's important to set aside time for yourself, free from the computer.

This past long weekend was a perfect example of "down" time (though it really wasn't so much relaxing as it was pure fun)! After a trip to the Ripley's Aquarium and Game of Thrones Exhibition, my time off ended perfectly with great fireworks and company. Safe to say that I got back to work immediately (a deadline is still a deadline after all). But this break was just what I needed to unplug and re-energize for the week ahead.

So remember to set some time aside for yourself, in whatever you do. It can really help to clear your head. After all, you might miss something out there if you're staring at a screen for too long!

Okay, time to get back my lovely job now.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment