Saturday, 11 October 2014

Pin Ups and Disabilities

Recently I've started drawing pin ups, which started as a way for myself (and others) to feel sexy with their disabilities. It's not a line per say, since the drawings differ in technique. But it acts as a good way to hammer out some quick drawings, while helping to throw away the stigma that people with disabilities and sexuality don't mix.



"Don't worry, she's covered." This is the newest drawing for people with incontinence. Though I don't have this, I do know what it's like to wear a diaper. Since I need to lay down for transfers and taking clothes off, I am unable to use the handicapped public restrooms. So if I'm going somewhere farther from home for a long period of time, I slap on one of these bad boys just in case. Who says you can't feel sexy in these? They're basically high wasted, which is a staple of pin up beauty.



"Don't you hate it when you pop a tire?" The first of my pin up with disabilities, for those who use wheelchairs. I just may re-draw this in the future to go with the other style. This started the whole idea, when I was in a slump and drew her to feel a little more sexy. Sitting down shouldn't and doesn't separate you from the game. The only difference is, I always have a chair to sit on!

Hopefully I will be able to draw some more in my spare time.
Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Jess, you are truly an inspiration to everyone, with or without a disability. <3
    Rosanne Allen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much that's so sweet :)

      Delete
    2. Love it...feel as sexy as you wish in your 'high waisted' protection. Go Girl!

      Delete