Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Back to School


In any job/career, it's important to stay on top of your game. In the case of being a graphic/web designer, there are always new skills to learn, or some new piece of technology to try out. After upgrading my Adobe Suite, I thought it was time to brush up on my techniques as well. More and more the need for mobile friendly design is becoming a basic requirement for work. And that's why I decided to go back to school for some continuing education classes. This week I will be starting an online study in web design for mobile apps.

I know as time goes on I will always have to upgrade my skill sets, whether it be through a formal education or self taught. The beautiful thing about this industry, is that it's forever changing. Some may think of it as a hassle, but I honestly love the challenge of learning something new. I've gotten by really well so far on what I know, but it never hurts to keep up. One of the reasons I went into graphic design was for making websites. It is the perfect mix of problem solving and astetics, and from the beginning I've strived to learn all that I can, and fix whatever problems come my way.

Basically, I am super pumped to finally dive into the world of app design and the mobile world!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment